We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance/Control Inspector, familiar with a machine shop environment (preferred), to perform incoming inspections, first article, in-process, and final inspections. This job is M-F 8am-4:30pm 40 hours/week. Shift hours may change to 7am-3:30pm to accommodate a high-volume customer.
Occasional opportunities for overtime.
This is a long-term position, many details to learn.
Following the proper sampling plans, Detailed Inspection Plans and/or Customer Supplied Requirements.
Job lot quantities vary from 1-50k pieces.
Performs visual and dimensional inspections of in-process and finished machined parts.
Recognize and segregate non-conforming product and material defects.
Provide input for inspection methods and improvements related to the job.
Assist engineering in investigations of process related quality issues.
Prepare NonConforming Materials Reports when required
Generate accurate records both paper and electronic.
Organizes work and storage areas for efficient workflow.
Work with Engineering on Corrective Action Requests including follow-ups.
Maintain a safe, organized, friendly, and clean working environment for employees.
Provide training to staff, as required.
Other related duties as requested.
Must be able to work with small parts as well as larger parts
Will use a manual CoordinateMeasuringMachine (CMM) for Final inspections.
Help define various procedures if needed
- H.S. diploma or equivalent minimum
- Form I-9 compliant
- 3-5 years of strong demonstrated inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, blueprints is a must. CAD experience is a plus.
- Must be experienced with precision hand tools, IE: Micrometers, Calipers, Pin Gages, Stereo Microscope.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- This position requires strong communication skills in English.
- Familiar with AQL inspection levels
- Able to work in a small company environment and be flexible with procedures.
- Vision must be correctable to normal (have proper prescription eye glasses, if needed)